Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Shoes, cont'd.: Summer Collection

So, five pairs of shoes per season. I like it.

I'm not going to throw anything away though. I mean for this to be an ongoing process. Sheerley just introduced me to 6pm.com, which I think will be a big help because you can get out of season Fryes for much cheaper. And they never go out of style!

Right now it's summer.

Summer pairs:

Light-colored flats
Don't have these. Really want to try Frye Carson Ballet--think I'm a 7.5, but need to know before I order online. Will try at the store.

Black sandals
Right now I have the Crocs Sexy Flip. Keema ate my Tevas so right now they're fulfilling the black sandal category as well as summer walking shoes. I also have a pair of black and nude Clarks sandals, which aren't great when it's really hot or for a lot of walking, but I'm keeping them at work. Maybe next year I can get a pair of Fryes.

Brown sandals
My Frye Carson Ts are still going strong. I would say they have a summer or two left. Part of the permanent collection!

High-heel sandals
Have a couple of aging pairs of these floating around: black wedge Clarks, tan wedge strappy Clarks, sort of open-toed tan high heel Clarks (lots of Clarks!). Will keep wearing until they die, but someday would like one pair of nude/tan Frye wedges, maybe like these.


Bottom line: I should be good for now for summer. Maybe try on the Frye heels and flats so I can see if I want them someday. If I do buy anything this summer, it should be light-colored flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment