Monday, July 6, 2015

Hairy Goals

So, here are some things I want to try (or continue to try) on my hair...in some TBD order:

1. Mud wash + ACV rinse
2. Conditioner washing
3. Water-only washing
4. Homemade dry shampoo
5. Very occasional sulfate-free shampoo

I also want to try making flat-iron waves.

Today, about 16 days in, my hair looks pretty truly greasy. Had to wear it up today, and according to my current "schedule" I am not due to wet my hair for another 2 days.

Typically I shower every other day. What I'm going to try for a while (shower days only):

Day 1: Mud wash + ACV rinse
Day 3: Shower, do not wet hair
Day 5: Conditioner wash
Day 7: Shower, do not wet hair

Start over. This means I do a mud wash every 9 days. Might be too infrequent? I could also try doing water-only washes on days 3 and 7, or as necessary. Maybe just on day 7.

Tuesday: My hair looked really, truly greasy to me yesterday. Well, actually, people said it still looked OK but it felt heavy and wet. I wore it back all day--must say, wearing it half up looked good and it stayed perfectly put!

Anyway, I need to shower every day lately. It's so gross outside. This morning I washed my hair with baking soda and ACV; really didn't want to do shampoo. It got really clean. I will use mud next time. Going to follow the schedule above, but possibly water wash my hair on days 3 and 7 as the above is really more of a winter schedule.

Wednesday: Hair still looking clean and fine. Not gorgeous shape,

No comments:

Post a Comment