Monday, June 29, 2015

Waking Up & Being Mindful

This Week's Goals:

1) Get up at 7am every weekday.

I already failed at this today. But it's something I really want to focus on. (Also, added bonus: no hair-washing!)

2) Eat/drink intuitively.

Not going to keep a food journal this week--I think I saw last week that I can go pretty low-meat when I want to, and I'm going to aim to avoid meat at restaurants and eat what I get from the CSA. Again, keeping the 80% rule in mind. But I have been having lapses in being thoughtful about what I want. I've been doing OK, but I can do better; I'll keep some notes on it.

Sunday night I ate a little too much, not sure why, and spicy food, and relatively late (around 9pm). Had to sleep practically sitting up. I HATE doing that to myself. No more overeating spicy food late in the evening, that is not gentle!

Monday: Today I got up at 7:30ish. It wasn't great, and I did feel a little bit rushed. Well really what happened is I did all my new (more leisurely) routine and didn't get to work until 9:45. (I like to be there by 9:30 at the latest.) I do think the (hopefully) reduced morning routine will help. I love the idea of having more style-able hair, and even doing it once I get to work.

Wish I could give up makeup too...it just makes me look SO much better. Sigh.

Tuesday - Thursday: Didn't do great getting up early, but didn't feel TOO rushed and got to work mostly on time. One day I turned off my alarm (another reason not to hit snooze!), yesterday I got up at 7:15, and today slept in until 7:40, not great. Made it to work by 9:15, ha!

Eating this week has been OK though. There have been some later-in-the-evening cravings that I've managed to think through--mostly thinking that they will likely make it harder to sleep.

Hair is still going strong. The boar brush is great, although it's a little gross when I brush it upside down and flip my head back up and it stays straight up in the air! I think I'm going to wash it once a week with conditioner, with maybe an occasional baking soda/vinegar wash if I feel like I'm getting buildup. I bought the Shea Moisture conditioner to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment